This movie requires Flash version 8 or higher.
It Appears that you do not have the Flash Plug-in Installed or you have an older version of the plugin. Please update or install the Flash Plug-in to view this content.
Watch a 3 minute overview of iFusion.netView now
Fusing Microsoft Outlook with IBM i SystemsView now
Fusing Microsoft SharePoint with IBM i SystemsDownload now
INDUSTRY GURU MIKE OTEY
White Paper that talks about developing real world IBM i applications using
Microsoft's .NET Framework.
LANSA WHITE PAPER
Fusing the IBM i and Windows platforms with iFusion.netDownload now
Showcases LANSA customers who are Fusing the Windows and IBM i worldsRead now
Announcing the Fusion of Power and ProductivityRead now
What is iFusion.net
iFusion.net comprises a set of development tools and services designed for building business applications that will operate on IBM i servers, on Windows .NET servers and, most importantly, on platforms composed of a combination of both IBM i and Windows .NET servers with coupled resources from both.
iFusion.net lets you deliver composite applications utilizing your existing, and often ‘siloed’, programming resources from both your IBM i and Windows development teams, hence the term ‘iFusion.net’. Your new unified or ‘fused’ applications will present your users with a modern and intuitive interface that supports the way they really work, greatly improving their productivity.
The key components of iFusion.net are:
- Visual application framework supporting rich-client and Web user interfaces
- Data services layer to manage, retrieve and maintain data from multiple sources
- Meta data repository containing declarative rules and rule engine, separated from code
iFusion.net combines IBM and Microsoft technologies to form a unified architecture that enables organizations to fuse their tailor-made line-of-business applications with Microsoft solutions like Office, SharePoint and Business Intelligence or applications built on the .NET framework with SQL Server. Achieving fusion means going beyond the limits of previous interoperability solutions – like refacing, data replication or file transfer – to create true composite applications that deliver real-time enterprise data and functionality to people as they need it.
iFusion.net tools build these composite applications (or mashups) by combining data and services from sources such as DB2 for i5/OS, SQL Server, IBM i 5250 applications, Microsoft .NET applications, Microsoft Office components, Web Services or Maps.
The demand for the iFusion.net platform is strong because of the many potential touch points between an IBM i system and Microsoft solutions:
- Fusing an eCommerce Web site built using ASP.NET to an IBM i ERP system, thereby publishing real-time inventory and pricing information along with the straight through processing of orders.
- Amending live operational data on the IBM i database (DB2) directly from a Windows or Web-based dashboard, without having to launch a terminal session or toggle between multiple screens.
- Improving collaboration and workflow automation by combining tasks that require both Windows and IBM i functionality (including program logic, data queues and access to the IFS) inside a Microsoft SharePoint enterprise portal with support for single sign-on.
- Giving Visual Studio.NET developers the authority to perform create, read, update and delete actions on the IBM i core databases – without risk of jeopardizing data integrity or security – by sharing the same rules as your RPG or COBOL applications.
iFusion.net supports multiple levels of IBM i and Microsoft interoperability,
allowing organizations to increase user productivity, reduce their development
backlog, standardize their application infrastructure and streamline their IT